The Parliamentary Inquiry into the use of Immigration Detention in the UK, hosted by the APPG on Refugees and the APPG on Migration, will hold its third oral evidence session on Tuesday 18 November 2014 at 10.10am in Committee Room 8, House of Commons.
The panel will hear evidence from:
- Nick Hardwick, Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Prisons
- Tacko Mbengue, former immigration detainee
- Aderonke Apata, former immigration detainee
- Grant Mitchell, Director, International Detention Coalition
- Dr Alice Edwards, Senior Legal Coordinator, United Nations Commissioner for Refugees
- Sarah Teather MP
- Paul Blomfield MP
- David Burrowes MP
- Caroline Spelman MP
- Jon Cruddas MP
- Julian Huppert MP
- Richard Fuller MP
- Baroness Lister
- Baroness Hamwee
- Lord Ramsbotham
- Lord Lloyd of Berwick
The above meeting is open to members of the public. It is advisable to allow about 20 minutes to pass through security checks. There is no system for the prior reservation of seats for the meeting. Members of the public enter via the Cromwell Green visitor entrance to Parliament.
For more information, please contact Jon Featonby on 020 7219 8147 or click here.
Updates on the inquiry can also be found via the APPG on Refugees twitter feed:@APPGRefugees.